Thursday, February 01, 2007

i blame the patriarchy

I just came across this blog, http://blog.iblamethepatriarchy.com/ and wanted to share it with my readers. This is its about me:

I Blame The Patriarchy exists to advance the radical feminist views of Twisty Faster, a gentleman farmer and spinster aunt eating dinner in Austin, Texas. I Blame The Patriarchy is intended for advanced patriarchy-blamers. It is not a feminist primer. See Patriarchy-Blaming The Twisty Way for details.

I dig that it isn't trying to be middle of the road. Part of discussions about social justice involve points of view that aren't on the fence, and that not everyone will agree with. I admire anyone who is willing to say what they think without trying to compromise. As one who thinks taking your husband's last name at marriage is a completely patriarchal and identity stealing practice, I like where this blog is going.

No comments: