Friday, January 05, 2007

Only 2

Massachusetts swears in their first black Governor. Only the second one in the country.
L. Douglas Wilder was of course, the first, of VA.
He was even there :

Wilder, the shoe-in favorite for the new Richmond "strong mayor", now rapidly falling from pedestal with his strong opinions and sweeping actions.








Why do you think there have been only 2? That seems embarrasing and disappointing. This is also evidence I use when I tell people that I don't think Americans are ready for a woman president. I'd love for it to happen, but I don't think they're ready. I think they will choose a minority first (ala, Santos from The West Wing?). Colin Powell has been in the spotlight for quite some time now, and there's Barack Obama, currently serving as the "celebrity" favorite (I don't think he's even that good looking).

No comments: